Blood Pressure

7:50 PM sy 0 Comments

Date 20 april 09

Guess everyone knows about blood pressure. This is the topic i wanted to share with my fellow friends today. I studied from the text book that 120/80 mm/Hg is a normal blood pressure.

Today, I tested my blood pressure. Pulse was normal. Just that my pressure for systolic and diastolic pressure seems a bit weird. Ok, the terms 'systole' and 'diastole' may seem new to some of you. I will explain it.

When the heart is contracting is called systole. Diastole is when your heart is resting.

The reading that i got from sphygmomanometer is 92/67 mm/Hg. WOW, thats like so far from normal. Am i catagorised in a low blood pressure patient? SOB SOB.

To search for more info, I went to yahoo search engine to find more info about blood pressure. The results told me that I am normal. YEAH!!! But still, I am quite near to the low blood pressure area.

NOrmal blood pressure
Systolic pressure ranged from 90-119 mm/Hg
Diastolic pressure ranged from 60-79 mm/Hg

Find out about your blood pressure. I think i should take care more about my weight first. =(

[Sources : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_pressure ]

0 comments: